I had a business trip to Cologne, Germany. Lots of meetings, but I got out and about a couple of times for walks. Very pedestrian and bike friendly, and lots of public transportation. The cathedral is pretty dominating. If I remember correctly, they moved the stained glass windows into the countryside during WWII to protect them from the allied bombing.
After the meetings were over, a bunch of us took a day-cruise on the Rhine River. Castles just about everywhere, it seemed. If they were all enemies, they didn't have to go far to pick a fight!
 |
Cathedral across the Rhine River
|
 |
Love Locks ... each etched with the names of a couple. All along the full span of the bridge!
|
 |
Castle along the Rhine
|
 |
Church along the Rhine
|
 |
Cannon balls ready for firing!
|
More Photos
Comments
Post a Comment